DREAMS of a MULTIMEDIA ARTIST

photography, fiber art, painting, stained glass, and creative writing...

WELCOME!

Thanks for stopping by, these are the dreams and musings of a mother with Asperger Syndrome who parents two children on the spectrum. Art is therapeutic for us, please enjoy.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crazy Quilting - a Christmas Promise

Crazy Quilts for Crazy Kids :)


I told my children I would make them each a quilt for Christmas - I opted for twin sized eventhough my daugter has a queen sized bed.
They picked out the fabrics - an odd assortment of their likes - in crazy colors.

My daughter loves giraffes, cats, dogs and bears and asian themes in many colors

My son likes jungle elephants, penguins and beavers and asian themes mainly in blacks



So we gathered polka dots, stripes, I threw in some checked black and white since my son also likes cars/racing, then found all the appropriate animals and I began piecing together some CRAZY quilts for them.

My son's is pieced together and backed so I can begin quilting soon:


No comments:

Post a Comment