DREAMS of a MULTIMEDIA ARTIST

photography, fiber art, painting, stained glass, and creative writing...

WELCOME!

Thanks for stopping by, these are the dreams and musings of a mother with Asperger Syndrome who parents two children on the spectrum. Art is therapeutic for us, please enjoy.

Monday, October 5, 2009

I am Aspie-Mom

Being an aspie-mom has many meanings to me: (1) I am mother to a son with Asperger Syndrome, (2) Since my son's diagonsis I now understand my confusion at life growing up...I'm almost 100% sure I too have Asperger Syndrome and (3) What I have learned about Asperger Syndrome and Autism I can now use to help others.



Art has always been my saving grace, when young, confused and scared I drew, painted, sewed, played music or participated in drama. Both of my children have benefited from drama and art - it has calmed them when they are stressed or anxious.



My book, Why Don't They Come With Instructions?, which will be published this next August (2010) is about raising two children who have Aspergers, learning disabilities, OCD and Tourette's and how we created a non-profit to help similar youth.


If you'd like to read a chapter from my upcoming book you will find it at http://www.jbeaverbooks.com/
or more information about the non-profit THE LAVENDER DOOR FOUNDATION at http://www.lavenderdoorfoundation.org/




Thanks for stopping by...stay tuned for more about my fiber art, painting, quilting projects that are adorned with beads and fiber art or my upcoming books.

No comments:

Post a Comment