DREAMS of a MULTIMEDIA ARTIST

photography, fiber art, painting, stained glass, and creative writing...

WELCOME!

Thanks for stopping by, these are the dreams and musings of a mother with Asperger Syndrome who parents two children on the spectrum. Art is therapeutic for us, please enjoy.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Day in the Pacific Northwest

I love to drive around the backroads in our area and take photos of farm animals, barns and old tractors or farm equipment. I used to shoot them in black and white and develop them in our darkroom, but we have a great digital camera now and the darkroom has slowly been taken over by clocks and tools...
As I drove by this farm and parked and rolled down my window this horse came over - probably hoping for a handout (I wished I had some carrots or apples.)

There was a huge "BEWARE OF DOG" sign on the fence = I drove by two or three times and he never moved or so much as barked. I was beginning to wonder if he was alive! Cute little Australian Shepherd...
My fiber art is all done with alpaca fibers so I can't pass up a stop to look at a pasture full of alpaca! And the beautiful pink dogwood added to their beauty.

I enjoyed watching these sheep - when I passed them in the morning they were all laying down. As I drove by later in the afternoon they were walking and a few of them looked like they were stiff (I knew the feeling as this recent cold snap we've had has been driving my arthritis crazy.)

I wasn't sure if they guy was just young or had already been shorn, but cute as a button. And when I was looking at these photos after I got home I noticed the bird sitting on the back of one sheep. If you look at the picture below - the bird is on a different sheep :) the first one with the black face.

Maybe tomorrow I will post some barns or tractors and old cars.









2 comments:

  1. some of these look vaguely familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the bird on the back of the sheep :)
    These were from Fife and Puyallup back country...

    ReplyDelete