DREAMS of a MULTIMEDIA ARTIST

photography, fiber art, painting, stained glass, and creative writing...

WELCOME!

Thanks for stopping by, these are the dreams and musings of a mother with Asperger Syndrome who parents two children on the spectrum. Art is therapeutic for us, please enjoy.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

When plans fail ... we move on to new adventures



My plan to post once a week was interrupted by life ... I've been trying to down-size our 2000 sq. ft. house to move on to a place of 1000 sq. ft. or less. I've been pairing down my collections and moving them into my antique mall space to sell (ouch, I said that in print ... now it seems so much more real.) Home schooling is going well - my daughter is learning what it is like to work in the real world and having to deal with some tough issues. My husband's company continues to slowly weather the economy for now.
And I have been spending a great deal of time writing (and less on my art) I was lucky to spend time with friends in Sausalito, CA for some research for my third book. So I'll share some of the artistic beauty of CA:

Tinker - a 30' sailboat was my home for two weeks - I've missed her since I returned to dry land (well, not so dry up in Seattle.)

After my work was done I was able to walk along the beach with my toes in the sand.


I'll be busy working on my books to ready them for publication, but MUST intermittently spend time on a variety of mediums of art ... so watch out, there's more to come.

Today I plan to relax, organize my art supplies and do a little quilting.

2 comments:

  1. love that you are writing, writing, writing! can't wait to read more. tinker misses you too and you are always welcome to crash on her. she is empty :<(

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one writer to another :o) it does feel good to write! I've almost finished the Seattle book and have a skeleton for Bay area!

    We'll be back end of May for Nick's June 2nd B-day :)

    ReplyDelete