DREAMS of a MULTIMEDIA ARTIST

photography, fiber art, painting, stained glass, and creative writing...

WELCOME!

Thanks for stopping by, these are the dreams and musings of a mother with Asperger Syndrome who parents two children on the spectrum. Art is therapeutic for us, please enjoy.

Friday, May 21, 2010

A few of my favorite things ... art inspired


Connecting Food, Farm and You: 40 Farmers Markets in 40 Days is a new series I am working on that will begin publication in March 2010. Eating locally means knowing that your food was freshly picked and direct from the farm. Farmers Markets are bringing communities together.


The beauty of nature inspires me in my variety of art forms: my photography often inspires paintings. The colors palette in the cauliflower had me wanting to pull out my watercolors.

Northern California / Bay Area Farmers Markets, filled with colors of every hue...


Flowers and fresh fruits from farmers markets, trips to museums, trips to the wine country, wine, cheese, and olive oil tastings all evoke memories that inspire me in my arts.

The Pacific Ocean inspires me ... from feeling the roar of the waves crashing in as you stand at the waters edge to serene moments of light reflections peeking through the clouds, beauty surrounds us.
I hope you'll join me as I travel and explore new farmers markets across the United States, enjoy the fresh foods, recipes I create with my findings and the interesting people I meet along this journey.
All photos are copyrighted, Janet Beaver Coad

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous shots.. makes me hungry just looking at the food related ones!

    ReplyDelete